Join now - be part of our community!

Android versus Sony Entertainment system.. dolby 5.1 streams!!

SteveWinch
Explorer

Android versus Sony Entertainment system.. dolby 5.1 streams!!

New member, first post!.....Thought I'd share this experience with the community. I have a KD55x8505bbu running Sony Entertainment interface. A good friend (on my recommendatio!) bought a KD55x8509c running android tv. We are both into our AV systems with high quality home cinema set ups (Dolby Atmos receivers:smileyhappy:)... We both have Amazon Prime Video. I can get Dolby 5.1 audio streams (via optical out) from Amazon Prime... He cannot..Very annoying.... We have tried every setting on both TV and Denon AVR to cure his problem. No joy. (He also has Netflix Account and he can stream 5.1 via his optical on that with no problem). I'm guessing its an Android/Amazon conflict. I known Google and Amazon have issues..not his problem.......( By the by I also think his android interface is a mess and just plain awful to behold totall OTT)...  I want to upgrade to larger Sony 4k tv.. 65/75inch... BUT I CANNOT BRING MYSELF TO PART WITH THE CASH SONY!!. You've gone backwards in my opinion... I will not buy a Sony TV with the android interface. SORT IT OUT. It will cost you customer loyalty. I'm eyeing up other manufacturers TV's as a result, much as it pains me.

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Yes, unfortunately 5.1 via Amazon Prime Video is not available on the Android TV platform.  It was due to be added before Christmas and was on the upcoming services FAQ

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/article/73499

But for some reason its bern dropped off the FAQ.  

Sorry that i can provide any more info than that um afraid.

Cheers

SteveWinch
Explorer

Hi many thanks for reply, yes after posting I went through the forum posts and can see this is an ongoing problem. Kinda hoping my friend doesn't report any of the other issues that have surfaced with the Android TV's!!. Bit of a"gulp' moment.... Its put me right off investing in a new Sony TV at the mo.. Its such a shame because my current one has so many good points... not least the picture quality. The sound is irrelevant because I don't use the TV speakers. I've had two Sony 55's and loved them both. I had a W905 before the X85 and the picture on that was superb.. so good in fact it took me a while to get the 4k X85 to anything near matching it in standard HD1080p. Anyway I digress... I shall watch these threads with much interest... Hoping Sony can restore my loyalty... my second choice would be Panasonic!!.....Heads up Sony. Don't "road test" your products on your customers!!!!