Join now - be part of our community!

Android TV - TV Guide not populating

fxfxfxfxfx

Android TV - TV Guide not populating

Hi All,

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide on this...

Recently purchased a 49X8307C, have plugged into Satellite Dish (only one connection, not two) and have NOT plugged into a TV Aerial as we have very poor reception. The unit is also setup on WiFi.

The TV Guide does not populate. If I'm on BBC One, it shows BBC Ones events, ITV, it shows ITV's events, but not anything else unless im actually tuned in and watching that channel.

Has anyone had this issue on an Android set? Or does anyone know if, for example, I need to be plugged into a TV Aerial to get a guide? (Would be very upset if this is the case as it works fine on my Samsung without)...

Any help would be appreciated! I've factory reset, powered on and off etc as Sony Support have suggested but no joy.

Thanks in advance!

Mike

2 REPLIES 2
Bikerdiverman

I purchased a 49x8309C yesterday and have exactly the same problem. No terrestrial TV signal in my area so have used satellite boxes for years with no problem However the Sony guide does not populate information about what is on except on channels tuned into.  If I click a channel showing no information then select to watch it the guide then populates, so it looks to me as if the software is not downloading all of this info correctly from the satellite.

The other app that is a TV listing guide does not work with satellite at all so I have bought a TV without the most basic functionality, i.e. being able to find out what is sowing on each channel and when.

This is very poor.  I have also had the blank screen when selecting the satellite and had to re boot the TV to make this work and a non-responsive remote control and the out of sync sound mentioned in other posts.  

This Android software is clearly not ready for release. Not good enough Sony, when are these problems going to be fixed?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

This is because the TV is freeview only, not Freesat.  Freesat is the company behind the EPG for free-to-air channels via satellite.

Cheers