Join now - be part of our community!

Play memories app purchase - internal error

ammanati
Explorer

Play memories app purchase - internal error

Hi guys,

I wanted to download the Time-Lapse app from sony play memories last night. I am using fully updated sony a6000.

The account has been registered and all went well until the confirmation of the purchase when I received "internal error has occured" message. First via wifi then I repeated the process using the cable (both on Mac and Windows; couldnt confirm the connection on Mac though) but still am getting the same message. 

Have anyone got similar problem? I've seen issues with the cable connection around but for other people the wifi usually works. 

Internal error suggest something wrong with the camera then. Doesn't it?

Appreciate your help. Wanted to install the app before Sunday morning when I am off to Italy for holiday.

Thanks

Edit: I can see now that the latest firmware is 3.1 while the app is 3.3. Should those correspond or are they simply just versions of separate items, i.e. app is being updated quicker than camera.

152 REPLIES 152
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

@amyrol9191 a belated welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

Apologies for a late response but if you're still visiting this site

this is just to check you're using the Chrome browser when trying to make purchases?

I had a shocking time with Firefox but Chrome worked fine :slight_smile:

bowanner
Explorer

Thanks for your reply. However I have to use Internet Explorer (!) to be able to download the SW to the camera. Not FF, Chrome, Edge, but ol' IE. The app download app is compatible with IE only.

BR // Bo W
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Ahh, ok, I did it through the browser:

playmem1.jpg

Hi bensmithett, experienced the same problems. I tried adding funds to the waller but unfortunately, it didn't work as well. Eventually, I used PayPal to add funds to the wallet and it worked. Still a pretty troublesome issue here with the CC thing. Thanks anyway!

profile.country.GB.title
apastakia
Explorer

Firstly I cannot get the Sony Camera App installer to work on my Mac or PC. After selecting my camera type ICLE -7RM2 (AR7II) and connecting my camera via USB to my Mac I get the following message. 

Sony Error Message.png

My camera USB Connection  setting is "Mass Storage". Every time I click verify connection the same message pops back - just not possible to connect the camera. Same problems exists on High Sierra and El Capitain versions of Mac OSX and I could not get it work on Windows 10 machine either. So using the Mac it appears that it cannot verifiy the connection. Interestingly enough the Playmemories Home application fires up straight away and has no problem recognising the attached camera. One suggestion for Sony would be to locate the purchasing of the apps within Play Memories Home so we have one-stop-shop for the camera insteading of going to a playstation site.

I then took a look at the website tag under safari preferences - with respect to PCMADownloader  which you are required to install. As you can see below Safari rates the PCMADownloader as a high security risk - so not sure if it is blocking the app from working properly. I also tried Google chrome and could not get that to work either with the download app just handing after I tried to veryfy connection.

Safari Extension for Playmemories.png

I then tried to purchase paid apps from the application built into the camera. I could download free apps but could not download paid for apps. I read through the notes and it has something to do with the payment gateway which seems to be refusing all credit card payments - this issue has been around for years cannot understand when money is involved why sony dont want to fix it. I am based in the UK so when i check the account details on my sony account for my credit card i noticed a field called "County" (NOT Country). My county is Middlesex but the field had a drop down selection of "England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland" which are Countries which make up the United Kingdom. If they are submitting this field to payment gateway the addresses will never match. They have to populate this field with the correct data which are counties of united kingdom - this has been lost in Japanese English Translation and the reason why credit card payments from UK will always fail.

Sony Incorrect Credit Card Fields.png

eMatt555
New

The sony shop doesn't display taxes, but they charge them. Havin 10$ in your wallet is not enough to purchase 9.99$ timelapse app.

You NEED to purchase 20$ prepaid credit, took me several hours to figure...

profile.country.CH.title
tbelectronics
New

I had same error when using the NEX-6, connecting in the camera to download the Remote Control app. Problem is on login. Then I went to computer and on all browsers after login, it throws the exception # 9201.

screenshot - 2018_09_02 02-10-55.png

AbnerChou
New

Got same error. Even on the camera, the login returns #902 error. 

Tags (1)
profile.country.GB.title
iantowle
Explorer

Sept 2018 unable to log onto PlayMemories to download apps to Sony A6000. Same error message as others, what is going on?

jasonerd
Explorer

Read the previous posts.. the solution is to buy a prepaid playstation card from Amazon with digital code. Redeem the code and then buy the apps. No other payments option works. Remember if the app is $9.99 then you'll need to buy $20 prepaid card since the $10.00 card won't cover the tax and you'll end up seeing the same server error.