Join now - be part of our community!

Microphones suitable for Sony Alpha A35

profile.country.en_GB.title
jmassahi
Visitor

Microphones suitable for Sony Alpha A35

I have recently purchased a Sony Alpha A35 and I was wondering if I have to use just SONY microphones or if I can use any 3.5mm microphones.

I have seen lots of microphones that I like (mainly clip on mics) but I cant find any Sony ones that say they work with the Sony Alpha A35 that are clip ons.

So do you recommend any mics that I can use with my Sony Alpha A35 mainly clipons but im not really that bothered. I just need help can I use any kind of of microphones.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello jmassahi - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

On the a35 camera, the external microphone jack is a regular 3.5mm socket and because of this, you are able to attach any microphone that uses this plug size. You mention that there are some clip-ons that you are interested in - as long as these have a 3.5mm jack on them, they should work without any problems.

As a starting point, if you search for 'clip on microphone' on amazon.co.uk, you will see that there are quite a few budget options for less than £20 that have very positive customer reviews. As a general guide, I tend to pay more attention to products that have 3-4 stars but with a large number of reviews (100+) as opposed to other items with 5 stars that only have a handful of comments i.e. less than 10. Using these shopping sites will also allow you to filter the results to see more expensive products if you wish to spend more than this amount.

Thanks,

Simon