Join now - be part of our community!

HDR AS15 action cam

profile.country.en_GB.title
Dickieb69
Visitor

HDR AS15 action cam

How can I copy images/video clips to my iPad from my HDR AS15 action cam via WiFi? I can connect and control the cam from the iPad using WiFi and can initiate the copying process but a warning pops up saying that they cannot be copied.

9 REPLIES 9
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello Dickieb69 - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

When the warning message comes up, is there any kind of error code attached to it (it may be in very small text if it is there). If not, could you please let me know whether you are connecting through a wireless router or if you are connecting with an 'ad-hoc' connection i.e. directly from the camera to your iPad.

Thanks,

Simon

Dickieb69
Visitor

Thanks for your help. The iPad is directly connnected to the camera via WiFi and not through a router

There is no code displayed on the iPad. It starts off as if it is copying the files but as it finishes the 'copying' the file the exact warning pop up says ' Error Could not copy any selected content ' the only option after that is to press ok.

The files are a mix of stills and movie clips.

I have also tried it on an LG smart phone - all files are copied but I am unable to watch the movie clips but can view the stills!

Once again, thanks for taking time to resolve this issue - much appreciated!

Richard

Mick2011
New

Hi Richard :slight_smile:

Most likely a problem with the file format. Make sure your videos are .m4v, .mp4 or .mov, and that the resolution isn't greater than 720p. You can find other compatibility advice in this discussion, but it's basically an iPad issue.

It may be best to transfer stills and videos separately, rather than mixed together. If the stills are .jpg format there shouldn't be a problem.

Cheers

Mick

Dickieb69
Visitor

Thanks Mick, I reduced the resolution and tried to download again but still received the same error message. Even trying to download a single picture caused the error message to pop up!

Any more ideas please!!

Regards

Richard

blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello again Dickieb69 :slight_smile:

I didn't originally realise that it may be a file format issue. The best way to see exactly where the problem lies may be if you copy the files to a computer and then try and put them onto your iPad. If they play this way, at least you will know that your tablet is capable of opening the files.

Thanks,

Simon

Dickieb69
Visitor

Cheers, I have transfered both movie and stills from the computer to the iPad and they work fine.

Any idea why it cannot happen via WiFi? Do you think its more of an iPad  issue?

Thanks and regards

Richard

blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello again Richard :slight_smile:

I am pleased that the iPad can view the videos. This definitely does sound like an iPad issue and this is where things could get a little bit trickier to resolve. In the past, when I have been having trouble with an iOS app I have found that closing down all apps (double-clicking the home bar and then holding down an icon before clicking on all the red 'x' icons) and performing a reset (holding down the home and power buttons until the white Apple logo comes up) can help.

I have seen a few people online who are discussing this and I was wondering if you or a friend has an iPhone that you can try it out with i.e. download the PlayMemories App and see if you can perform these tasks over WiFi using that instead. At least that way we can see if it is an iPad issue or a general iOS one (please also let me know your version of the iPad and the iPhone that you test it with).

Thanks,

Simon

Dickieb69
Visitor

Thanks.

You will be pleased to know that I have got it to work now! Last night after deciding that it was more iPad than action cam, I decided to trawl through the settings and in the sub section privacy, I 'clicked on' photos and found that the PlayMemories app was present with an on/off selector. It was in the off position, I swapped it to on and hey presto - I was able to transfer images/video clips via WiFi!

Thanks for your assistance in this matter - much appreciated.

Regards

Richard

Mick2011
New

Thanks a lot for the update Richard, always good to know you got a result :cool:

Mick