Join now - be part of our community!

extension tubes for Sony E (Alpha 7)

profile.country.RO.title
Vandraattila
Explorer

extension tubes for Sony E (Alpha 7)

Hi!

I am new in Sony community. I have a sony Alpha 7 since yesterday with a a 50/1.8 lens. Used with my Nikon 1j5 ( I want to sell it) with 10-30 lens, ( Equivalent on full frame with 27-80mm.   I did not imagine that with the 50 mm lens I shall not be able to make close-up photos (e. g. wild flowers), because the minimum distance of focalization is about half a meter, and the angle is wide. 

So I need a solution. 

1. My first idea it was extension tubes, or close up lenses. Can you recommend me such solutions , compatible with Sony E mount respectively with my 50mm Sony lens?

2. I have found on the net Kenko extension tubes. (Are there others, alternatives?). My question is about your experience with them. I have seen some old posts about incompatibility, AF not functional, a.s. o. What is the real situation, Your experience. 

Thanks a lot Attila

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
EdwinaU

Hi Vandraattila,

You can check for compatible lenses and accessories on the product page for your camera here.  This will also tell you what is compatible and we're sure someone will have some tips about extension tubes. 

Best wishes,

Ed

profile.country.RO.title
Vandraattila
Explorer

Thanks, I shall look forward for solutions, I was looking for a cheeper and less voluminous solution... Somytimes it is a problem to carry a lot of obiectives with you.