Join now - be part of our community!

DSLR-580 with KM 5600HSD Problem

profile.country.en_GB.title
Nik_Watt
New

DSLR-580 with KM 5600HSD Problem

Hi folks.

I 'inhereted' Sony because I had a Konica Minolta 7D.  The lenses work fine and so did the KM 5600HSD flashgun - until recently.

Now if I put in on (in any 'mode) the camera doesn't register it is on & ready - and tries instead to use the built-in flash.  OR it sees the flash, sets the shutter speed - but the shutter release doesn't work!he camera I have was given to me by Sony a couple of years' ago, and back then everything worked fine.  Sony suggested a 'factory reset', which I did [when they eventually replied a fortnight later..].  This made no difference.

Anyone know what I should do - or should I sell-up and buy something better, from Canon or Nikon?

Be grateful of your help - or offers on my kit.

Nik Watt - "Google" my name..

T

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello Nik

Have you tried to use a different flashgun on your DSLR-580 to try and eliminate any possible issue? In the same manner, have you tried this flashgun on any other Sony DSLR cameras (if this isn't possible, you could always try taking it into a camera store as most of them are usually happy to experiment with customer hardware - at least the one that I used to work in was happy to do so!).

Thanks,

Simon