Join now - be part of our community!

Can we expect a firmware update for the A55 with Focus Peaking

profile.country.en_GB.title
Iphonehero
Visitor

Can we expect a firmware update for the A55 with Focus Peaking

I would love to ask if Sony plan on releasing a Firmware update on the people that pionered the SLT technology on the A33 and A55, It seems that sony where happy to add focus peaking to my Nex3 but not to my A55.

I am sure the device is more than capable and i would love to see sony offer a little more support to there users with a nice feature in the firmware.

I am a long time sony shooter with

A100,A200, A700, and now the A55.

So please sony dont just take the money and run help us to be proud of your product by adding features.

I also notice that the lack of Sony adding these features has now ment that a project has cracked the encryption of the firmware and unpacked  and modified it, its only a matter of time before they add features that people want is this what Sony wants?

2 REPLIES 2
Mick2011
New

Hi there, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

Thanks for your feedback. I have no idea what Sony would make of that news but it's obviously not ideal.

Any news regarding firmware updates for the a55 would be published on the dedicated support page for that model. That said, it is unusual to see new firmware appear so long after a camera launch date, especially when a model has been superceded by a newer version – in this case, the a57.

Sorry I can't be of any more help.

Cheers

Mick

silawre
New

Hi,

I have to echo Mick's comments, Sony do not tend to release firmware updates for cameras after they have been on the market for a while.  I have the A77 and we have had one firmware update so far and the majority of it's users are crying out for another one to fix high ISO issues for one.  I think the average is two firmware updates for each model of camera if you are lucky.

As for third party software engineers re-engineering the firmware code that is encourging, the open source gang are very creative, but do not expect any support if installing the firmware breaks your camera!  I am also unsure how much they can add to a camera's features via firmware compare to the components capabilities.

Si