Join now - be part of our community!

Can I vew images on my camera with my Windows laptop?

profile.country.GB.title
k0065126
Explorer

Can I vew images on my camera with my Windows laptop?

I have a Sony Alpha 1 and yesterday I was at a studio and the owner was able to view the images on my camera using her iPad so that my model had a better idea of which ones she wanted.

I am able to connect my Windows 10 laptop to the camera using bluetooth, but cannot find any way to use this connection for anything, so what is the point?

I also tried downloading Imaging Edge Desktop and it seems that this cannot use bluetooth so I had to connect the camera to the laptop using a USB cable.

This does enable me to control the camera settings from the laptop using Imaging Edge Remote, and presumable take photographs.

However I cannot find a way to use the Imaging Edge Viewer to access images on the camera but not on the laptop.

Is there a way to view images which are still on the camera using Imaging Edge Desktop, or do I have to physically transfer the photos onto the laptop to view them at a reasonable size?

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Bat_Rick
New

Bluetooth in this camera is used for RC operation, check this out:https://helpguide.sony.net/ilc/2040/v1/en/contents/TP1000425296.html?search=bluetooth

profile.country.GB.title
k0065126
Explorer

Thanks, none of Sony's software is of any use, but it seems that just connecting the camera to the laptop using a USB cable enables Windows to see the files on the camera and view them or copy them to the computer.

profile.country.GB.title
Bat_Rick
New

You can try to connect the camera to your smartphone ( imaging edge mobile) and then transfer them  to your windows via BT.

profile.country.GB.title
k0065126
Explorer

Thanks, I did discover how to view the images on my phone, but am happy that I can view them on my laptop by connecting with a USB cable and using file explorer, which is much simpler than trying to get Sony's software to do the job.

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Did you check Imaging Edge Desktop?

profile.country.GB.title
k0065126
Explorer

Yes, that was the first thing I tried, as I mentioned in my first post on this topic.