Join now - be part of our community!

Alpha 6000 Access lamp flashes and camera won't turn-on

profile.country.GB.title
38Ocean
New

Alpha 6000 Access lamp flashes and camera won't turn-on

My 2 year old A6000 (with the latest 3.20 firmware) won't start up when turned on. Instead the Access Lamp flashes what may be an error code - 3 slow flashes followed by 7 quick flashes. The only way to start the camera is to leave it switched on, remove the battery for a few seconds and then re-insert the battery. The camera then bursts into life and works normally until turned off. Thereafter the actions above have to be repeated. 

I have done a reset and re0initialise of the camera but no change.

Is the flashing an error code and if so, what does it means and how can I clear the problem

Tags (2)
5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
EdwinaU

Hi and welcome to the community,

You can check the product support pages for your camera here to try and find a fix for your error. Failing that, there is also a support contact link on the page if you need it.

Best wishes,

EdwinaU

profile.country.GB.title
38Ocean
New

Thanks for the reply, however, I have already carefully checked the Manual and Support pages and can find no reference to my problem.

Given the repeated timing of the Access Lamp flashes (3 slow and 7 quick), I am certain someone in the camera firmware technical team must know what this means.

I am still hoping someone will be along shortly with an answer.

profile.country.GB.title
38Ocean
New

I'll give this a bump to see if anyone else has any idea how to fix the problem.

To recap the access light flashes with a clear pattern - 3 slow and 7 quick flashes. I would guess this is a faulty code that some firmware programmer in Sony would recognise. However, Sony have been completely unhelpful so far.

The firmware is up to date (v3.20) and can't be re-updated as the firmware updater just says up to date and finishes when I try.

I have done a full reset on the camera, re-formatted the (32GB) SD card and the battery is fully charged.

I don't know what else to try so I am hoping someone on here may have the answer.

Fingers crossed as the camera is (almost) unusable currently. 

PTD0510
New

Hello, I have the same error as you. Did you find a solution? Tkanks 

profile.country.GB.title
kwinslow
New

I also am having this same problem. Any updates?