Join now - be part of our community!

Sony HDR-AS50 won’t charge

profile.country.NO.title
CielUdbjorg
New

Sony HDR-AS50 won’t charge

I had my camera stored too long, it seems, for the battery was dead and it would not charge. Bought some no-brsnd chepo batteries on-line. The camera turned on (and works) with them (they had a charge from the factory), but it will not charge. If I attach power, be it from a charger or a power bank, if the camera is ON, it goes into "USB" mode (what you get when you attach it to a computer and turn on), and there’s a red diode shining on the back. If I turn it off, there is no yellow charge light.
Beforem when I had a working (original) battery, it was no problem attaching a powerbank to it, and let the camera use that until the powerbank was empty, and then the camera would switch to its internal battery. And it has not been a problem draining the battery all the way before. Before I shell out for an original battery (≈USD 60/€60…), do you think the camera is broken, is there something that I can reset, is there somnething I can do once I get an original battery?

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Hi,

To be able to confirm where is the issue exactly, you need to use a compatible battery with the camera first, you can find the compatible ones here and follow the instructions here to charge the battery.

If you're still facing an issue with charging, try the steps here