Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 5 III Battery Life

profile.country.GE.title
Soso_M4

Xperia 5 III Battery Life

Hello,

I have Xperia 5 III. I got it since April 2022. I have a few questions with the owners of same device. I am using battery measuring apps like AccuBattery and Battery Guru. After 2 years of usage, apps are showing that my battery capacity for now is about 3750 (around 85%). I was using original fast charger and was almost always charging from 15-20% to 80%. I was not using heavily this phone at all.

First question is, what is your battery capacity for now? I have this question, because Sony was saying that because of their new technology, their battery will have longer lifespan. I had Xperia X Compact previously and after almost 5 years of usage, its battery capacity was 90%, when I was using it much heavily and was charging to 100% mostly. Because of such decrease of battery, I started using charger of my previous phone, because with the fast charger, my phone gets very hot during charging and I thought that that was the reason why its capacity decreased so much.

How long does the phone lasts with a single charge? In my case, with a single charge from 15-20% to 80%, without gaming, with 4-5 hours of screen time, it lasted about 40-48 hours. But since spring of last year, I do not know was it because of some apps that I installed or because of an update, it lasts about 24-30 hours with 2-3 hours of screen usage. I was waiting and waiting, hoping that with new update it will get better, but as all you know we have not received any updates since September of last year and Sony representative told me that we will not receive Android 14. So, I wanted to double check with you, what is your situation? How do you think, should I use software repair feature? Will it fix battery life? It is strange, because few weeks ago, it lasted about 68 hours, then about 48 hours with about 3 hours of screen usage and now again only about 24 hours with same usage time. I do not know what the reason for that is. Maybe some app or software. I know that phone is almost 3 years old now and battery is decreased and it only has 85% of capacity, but I just want to make sure that it is not a software problem and want to know what to do. Should I continue using it this way or should I do a software repair.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
TheMaze
Community Team

Hey @Soso_M4 

I'd recommend that you try the basic troubleshooting steps here: https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/mobile-phones-tablets-mobile-phones/xperia-5-iii/articles...

In addition to trying the software repair

They also have an article on how to take care of your battery: https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/mobile-phones-tablets-mobile-phones/xperia-5-iii/articles...