Join now - be part of our community!

xperia 5 fingerprint option stopped working then completely disappeared from settings

profile.country.GB.title
kath241172
Explorer

xperia 5 fingerprint option stopped working then completely disappeared from settings

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Hi there,

Did you try to do the fingerprint test from the support app?

profile.country.GB.title
kath241172
Explorer

I tried but since fingerprint settings have disappeared it doesn't even acknowledge that I've pressed the sensor. If I turn my phone off completely the function returns for a short time then it disappears again.

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Yeah, i think this is the known issue with Xperia 5.

You just need to try safe mode and check, if that didn't work, perform software repair by Xperia companion and make sure that you backup your data first.

Last thing if nothing helped from the above, contact Sony t send your device to the repair center to fix the issue.

profile.country.GB.title
Ollsbols

This happened to me ages ago. Sent it to Sony for repair. Has worked perfectly since (maybe 2 years).

ttpersson
New

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem. 

Did you have any luck solving the issue?

Regards

Thomas

profile.country.DE.title
maxinio
Explorer

I have exactly the same issue...really annoying. 😞 The finger print sensor only works for a few seconds after restart.

I am hesitant to send in my cell-phone as it seems to be a software-related issue?

Any new experience how to fix it?

profile.country.GB.title
Ollsbols

It is a hardware issue. Sony replaced my scanner and it has worked perfectly for years.

It is worth sending it in for repair.

profile.country.DE.title
maxinio
Explorer

Safe mode did fix the issues on my phone...luckily...at least for now.