Join now - be part of our community!

Too much heat is generated on Xperia 5 iv.

profile.country.GB.title
SrikumarR
New

Too much heat is generated on Xperia 5 iv.

Hi 

I am using Xperia 5 mark iv for around 6 months now. I've used multiple phones through years but this is the first time I am coming across a smartphone that generates too much heat. 

These are the occasions I am seeing heat is being generated whereas other smartphones work flawlessly. 

Minimal heat that you can feel on the device and hands: 

While talking with people over phone, messengers. 

Browsing reddit and other social media for over 30 minutes. 

listening to podcasts

Moderate heat generation: 

Games. Not super high-definition modern games. But games like Chess, Stardew Valley, Grand Mountain. 

Watching YouTube videos. Much quicker if it is more than 1080p video. 

High heat generation: 

Camera Pro app, Video Pro, Camera, editing videos on Go Pro app, Music pro. 

Lot of times I've been missing moments where videos should be taken. Device heats up pretty quick that warning comes in about few minutes of usage. Apps auto shuts down. It takes more than 5 minutes for the device to cool down to get the warning again while using the above said apps. Videos are more heat generating than pictures. 

It shouldn't be normal for near 1000-pound phone. It feels like a sin to not use full features in this gorgeous looking gadget. It is a shame. 

Any of you experiencing the same? Is there anything that should be done from my part, is there anything Sony could do from their part like software update or something? 

Many Thanks,

Srikumar R. 

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.PH.title
MarlonUk1
Expert

hello @SrikumarR 

heat can be quite relative to describe, if you can measure and give reading, you can probably raise a repair ticket with sony,

yes, the camera and video processing will indeed produce heat, but the device should be able to throttle the cpu to lower heat ( at the expense of processing power) or the heat should dissipate after a few minutes.

any skins or case protectors might also hinder heat dissipation