Join now - be part of our community!

The new Sony Xperia 5

BabyBum
Visitor

The new Sony Xperia 5

Just got the new Sony Xperia 5 i am trying to use the default sounds that are on phone i think instead of using my own music trying to select default sounds no music just a beep or ding to say i have a notification on my phone i have tried to access it but can not find those standard sounds you get on your phone already installed but can not find them can some please help it's getting frustrating as when i get a new Sony Xperia i usually can figure it out as i always get the Sony Xperia phones 

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

Theyre in Settings - Sound - Sounds.

Also check each apps settings to see if you can change specific ones in each app.

If you want access to them manually, you can't, they are in a system folder, that you have no access to.

Martin1
Enthusiast

Hi @BabyBum and congrats on your new Xperia phone! Slightly_smiling_Face

As @RottenFoxBreath said, the pre-loaded notification sounds are located in the system. If you want to preview or change the notification sound in general, find and tap Settings > Sound > Notification sound.

You can also set a notification sound for a specific app if you want to. for example if you want to set a specific sound for the messages app, find and tap Settings > Apps & notifications > Show all XX apps > Messages > Notifications > Other notifications > Advanced > Sound.

I hope that helped!

BabyBum
Visitor

Been in sound and notification and there is no pre loaded sounds only my own music it doesn't give me the option to change to the default sound supposedly on the phone 

profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

Yes it will...

Settings - Sound - Scroll down to sound - and there you have Phone Ringtone, Notification Sound, and Default Alarm Ringtone.

Phone ringtone brings up a list of pre-installed tunes.

Notification Sound brings up a list of pre-installed notification tones.

And Default Alarm Sound brings up a list of pre-installed alarm tunes.

Martin1
Enthusiast

Thank you @BabyBum for the quick reply!

Clearing the data for the system app in charge of notification sounds may do the trick. Find and tap Settings > Apps & notifications > Show all XX apps > Tap the menu icon (three vertical dots) > Show system > Audio settings > Storage > Clear data > Tap "OK" > Restart the phone.

Try this and let me know how it goes!