Join now - be part of our community!

Focus options when recording a video

profile.country.GB.title
Gjwoods115
New

Focus options when recording a video

I'm using the 'photo pro' app .. selecting video.. I can't seem to find any options to change the focus mode. I've had previous Sony xperia's over the years, and you could select 'touch focus'. Surely you don't just have to rely on what the phone decided to focus on?.. Also when select video option, and then move the selection on the left from 'basic' to 'auto' or 'P' etc.. is that taking it back to photograph mode and not video? 

Thanks 

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Gjwoods115
New

(It's a Xperia 5 iii. Previous xperia's I've always used the Sony camera and video option, but is it right that no longer can be used?.. the photo pro seems more set up for photographs rather than video, and I'm not keen on the cinema pro app.. I tried downloading a free 'camera app' from play store.. and straight away I see touch focus mode on video. ..there are ads on the app though.. it just would seem a bit odd that this option isn't in photo pro.. maybe the option is somewhere obvious on the screen, and I'm somehow missing it?)

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Hi

You can have a look on the camera manual from this link:https://helpguide.sony.net/mobile/xperia-5m3/v1/en/contents/TP1000512857.html?search=manual%20focus

I think you will find the instructions for the manual focus here