Join now - be part of our community!

Sony xperia 10 111 charging issue

Sony xperia 10 111 charging issue

I bought my Sony Xperia 10 111 from John Lewis in July 2021 and it is now just 2 weeks over the 2 year guarantee period. I suddenly get an error message which reads Liquid or debris in USB port. After a period of time I get another message stating that the problem has cleared and I can charge the phone again. However it only charges to a maximum of 76% if I am lucky. Then the problem begins again. It will not connect to my pc either. So I purchased a new charging cable in an effort to resolve the situation but the problem still remains. I look after my phone and I am 100% certain there is no liquid or debris inside the port. I have used Sony Xperia phones for many years and if this situation does not resolve itself it will be the last in a long line.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Hey @Denziloi54 

Can you check if you have a USB system app to clear cache and data, you can try settings>apps>3 dots on top right corner> show system> USB file app> storage> clear cache> clear data ,and you can try force stop as well.

You can also try the instructions here for the PC connection issue: https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/mobile-phones-tablets-mobile-phones/xperia-10-iii/article...