Join now - be part of our community!

New Xperia 10 IV- cannot transfer data! Help please!

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
mogggie

New Xperia 10 IV- cannot transfer data! Help please!

When I got this new phone I was able to transfer my music ring tones from my PC by connecting a usb lead, As soon as I plugged it in a message came up on the phone something like MTP and I chose between transfer and charge. The sounds are now in my phone;s music file.

I have just tried to do this with my wife's new phone which is exactly the same model and nothing happens! I also tried my own again and the same.

What have I done wrong - is it something in the settings? Is there any other method of transfer?

Have looked in the phone and there is no MTP? which gives me option like charge or transfer as there was on my old XA1 so don't know how I managed to transfer to my 10 IV. Is there a special transfer lead as oppposed to a charge lead only?

People have told me to go into my settings in storage on my wife's phone to set it up for transfers but I cannot see how to do that. I am very elderly but I am quite tech savvy I expected the ringtones I have in my docs to arrive in the phone's music file? I also have the ringtone files ion a me memory stick - is that any good?

Also I was told to download AirDroid to my laptop and the phone which I did ok and dragged the files to that and there was an arrow to transfer the files but..........my phone showed 'not connected' despite being on and open!

I do not know what to do from here. I have ordered cable for transfers as opposed to charging only which is a USB 3.0 to USB C - should this work? Have spent hours on this but I still believe I must do something in the phone settings for it to work. Help please!

Thank you

Gordon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Hi @mogggie

Glad to hear that transferring data issue is resolved :grin:

For the second question, that depends on if you were using the phone when you receive the call or the phone was just locked and left on a table for example. 

The thing is if you were using the phone and received a call, instead of covering the whole screen and interrupting what were you doing,  the phone will display the incoming call at the top of the screen as a notification with the answer and decline options and then when you press on answer for example, the screen will display the call page.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Hi @mogggie

When you connect the phone to the PC, does it get recognized normally?

Why don't you try the steps here

Just to set the right settings on the phone to transfer files 

profile.country.GB.title
mogggie

Thanks so much for this answer - you have solved the problem after days of me trying to transfer data!

What I did not realise was that because my old phone automatically offered me the option of transfer or charge when I connected the usb lead this did not.

Now I realise that I have to connect and go into 'devic e connectiion' and the offer to transfer or connect showed up!

Thanks again

Moggie

PS

I know this is another question but I vcannot work this out, When I set up both new Xperia 10 IV phones - mine and my wife's and started to receive calls - on my phone I had to swipe up to answer but on my wife's there was a decline/anset box at top of screen to use!

When using it today that has disappeared and now she has to swipe up also! It does not really matter although we prefer the decline/anser option and on my old XA1 I was given the choice somewhere in settings to do this but I cannot find this option anywher in our nw phones.

Anyway - thanks for yout first answer which saved me hours of worry

Moggie 

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Hi @mogggie

Glad to hear that transferring data issue is resolved :grin:

For the second question, that depends on if you were using the phone when you receive the call or the phone was just locked and left on a table for example. 

The thing is if you were using the phone and received a call, instead of covering the whole screen and interrupting what were you doing,  the phone will display the incoming call at the top of the screen as a notification with the answer and decline options and then when you press on answer for example, the screen will display the call page.

profile.country.GB.title
mogggie

THanks so much - would never have found that!

Moggie

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

You're most welcome. Anytime :slight_smile: