Join now - be part of our community!

Sony xperia 1 ii Lock screen Clock Problem

profile.country.GB.title
Floaty77

Sony xperia 1 ii Lock screen Clock Problem

Hello, my new xperia 1 ii phone has a different time on the lock screen clock to the home screen clock, sometimes a matter of hours.  Any idea why and how to sync them?  I would be very grateful for any help.  Many thanks.  

44 REPLIES 44
profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Does the clock show incorrect time on the lock screen only when the Ambient display is enabled? or does that happen even with the Ambient display is off.

profile.country.GB.title
RichardT54

For me it only happens when the Ambient display is on.

profile.country.RO.title
Mishooo
Explorer

Hi!

Have you tried to boot the phone in Safe Mode and see what's happening?

I didn't receive the update 58.1.A.5.222, but I have done two software updates since I posted the solution and the Ambient display works fine without issues.

profile.country.GB.title
RichardT54

OK, I set Ambient display back to "Smart activation" and restarted the phone in Safe Mode.

I then had three separate tries at checking the clock on the Ambient display by covering/uncovering the light sensor:

Attempt   Ambient Clock  Actual Time

1               18:10                 18:10

2               18:22                 18:23

3               18:24                 18:41

At first it looked like it was working correctly, but the third try shows a typical error where the clock on the Ambient display was 17 minutes slow. This demonstrates the randomness of the problem. Sometimes it does give the correct time, but at other times it can be wildly wrong, which means you just can't rely on it at all.

profile.country.RO.title
Mishooo
Explorer

Hi!

It's a very strange behavior indeed.

I saw that our phones have different Customization versions, yours is customized for UK, while mine is customized for EU and for this issue I think it's responsible an Android service or an app that has a different implementation.

When I'll update the phone with the new version, I'll come back with a feedback.

profile.country.RO.title
Mishooo
Explorer

Hi!

This morning I've made the software update and nothing is changed, the ambient display works without issues.

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

It seems like it glitches after a while!

Did you try to do factory reset or software repair?

Slack9
Explorer

Howdy all I had the same problem in date and time turn on network provider time zone.

Regards:

https://bobcaddell.com

profile.country.GB.title
BryanPB
Explorer

It looks like Sony might have fixed the Ambient Display Clock error in the latest update. I received an update notification a few days ago. Updated my Xperia 1 II and subsequently noticed that the clock on the Ambient Display was showing the correct time when I picked the phone up. It is still working. Details: Model XQ-AT51.   Build No. 58.1.A.5.280. Running Android 11.

profile.country.GB.title
RichardT54

Thanks for the heads up. I also recently updated my Xperia 1 II to Build No. 58.1.A.5.280 and have just tested the time shown on the ambient display at random intervals over the last hour and it was correct every time.

It does look like they have finally fixed the problem.