Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Sound Bar HT-SF150

profile.country.GB.title
ctupper60
Explorer

Sony Sound Bar HT-SF150

Really disappointed that after only 2 ½ years my sound bar, HT-SF150 suddenly stopped working. The bar ‘thinks’ it is still connected to the TV as the volume button displays that it is connected via HDMI to an audio device but, no sound comes out.

Tried all the various options suggested by the manual, to no effect.

This is a fairly expensive item for what it does so will think carefully in the future about buying Sony products.

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
TheMaze
Community Team

Hey @ctupper60 

Did you try unplugging both your TV and your soundbar from the mains for at least 2 minutes and trying again?

Also, I'd suggest that you try a different HDMI cable

profile.country.GB.title
ctupper60
Explorer

Thank you for this suggestion.

Tried unplugging both devices, still not working. Also tried a different HDMI lead, same result. Lastly took the sound bar to another TV which has a different sound bar attached , which is working, and replaced with the Sony sound bar. Again, did not work.

Saw another message about the Humax device interring between the TV and bar. The original TV which stopped working has a Humax attached but the other TV has a YouView box attached. As neither worked, can assume a different problem to the other message.

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@ctupper60 

Most YouView boxes were made by Humax, except for TalkTalk ones and the new BT Pro box.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
SatoruGojo
Community Team

Hey @ctupper60, did you try resetting the soundbar page 30?