Join now - be part of our community!

SVR-HDT1000 audio dropouts issues!

profile.country.GB.title
jwheeler83
Explorer

SVR-HDT1000 audio dropouts issues!

Hi all. Is anyone else having audio issues with this device? Mine is updated to the latest firmware version but is still suffering audio dropouts when watching HD channels . It is unbearable!
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Someone else is also reporting the issue.  See the following thread:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/home-cinema-projectors-players/svr-hdt500-audio-clicks-amp-pops/m-p/...

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
jwheeler83
Explorer

Thanks, what is the likelihood of Sony releasing an update to fix the problem once it has been identified? I don't want to have to change my recorder as other than the problems of recent I am fairly pleased with it.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unless this is absolutely necessary and terminal - the likelyhood of a FW update is next to nil.  Last time I enquired about an update for these recorders, the reply back was something like : there are no planned updates.

However as Sony is also not the only manufacturer affected, its unlikely to be specific to Sony - more than likely part of the broadcasting system.  But its pure guess to be honest.

profile.country.GB.title
jwheeler83
Explorer

I understand. So if it's a broadcast issue then the broadcaster should be aware of this and do something about it?
I have just looked at the freeview hd website and read about the changes and additions to the Hd channels and they were made about two months ago which is roughly how long I have noticed the problem.

It's spoiling Strictly and Downton aaarrrgh!