Join now - be part of our community!

DSC-HX9V .mov file problems

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
emines123
Visitor

DSC-HX9V .mov file problems

Hi,

I have recently bought the above mentioned camera and taken some videos with it.

I have uploaded them onto my MacBook through iMovie, however I can't upload them for anyone to see. I have tried using Facebook, Youtube and Hotmail, all of which have not worked. (Youtube said that it could not convert the file.)

The files are in .mov, I have tried using a converter but that also does not work either.

Please can someone help me figure this out!

Thanks,

Matt

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello emines123 - welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

Although I am only an occasional Mac user, I am aware of various software based packages that will convert .mov files to something a little more YouTube friendly like .avi or .flv. However, I have also used an online service at http://www.zamzar.com which converts various video formats online and free of charge. There is a paid for option as well but that depends on the file sizes involved so you may wish to consider splitting them down into smaller 'chunks' so that you can experiment and see what works best.

In summary, any option that will convert the .mov files into .avi or .flv will be a good way of getting these videos onto YouTube.

Thanks,

Simon

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello emines123 - welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

Although I am only an occasional Mac user, I am aware of various software based packages that will convert .mov files to something a little more YouTube friendly like .avi or .flv. However, I have also used an online service at http://www.zamzar.com which converts various video formats online and free of charge. There is a paid for option as well but that depends on the file sizes involved so you may wish to consider splitting them down into smaller 'chunks' so that you can experiment and see what works best.

In summary, any option that will convert the .mov files into .avi or .flv will be a good way of getting these videos onto YouTube.

Thanks,

Simon

Dommo7
Visitor

Hi there, I am myself a Mac user. I have recently taken quite a few videos over the weekend and lots of pictures. I have just came around to putting them onto the Mac. When I opened up iPhoto, the images uploaded instantly, but when I went into iMovie, I couldnt find them to upload. Do I need another cable or different software? The movies are on the memory card, but no matter what I try, I cant find them on the Mac, even with the HX9 connected..??

Thanks Guys!

blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello Dommo7 - welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

Other than trying the file conversion route as described above, there are some official support notes on the Sony page for your camera with instructions for using iMovie and they are available here:

http://support.sony-europe.com/tutorials/dime/imovietransfer/imovie.aspx?site=odw_en_GB&f=DSC&m=DSC-...

Hope this helps,

Simon