Join now - be part of our community!

abnormal internal vibration

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
s_family
Visitor

abnormal internal vibration

cybershot super steady shot DSC-T70.

When I open the slide shutter to take photos there is an internal shaking that will not allow any pictures to be taken properly, or with any degree of focus. I have come across this problem with american forums for cybershots, yet nothing in the uk. Does anyone know what I can do to get this fixed and roughly what costs will be accrued? additionally, If I register a repair with sony, do I have to follow through with repair or can I just assess damage and cost? Thank you muchly for any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mick2011
New

Hi aearle18, welcome to the Sony Forums.

Your "overlap" problem is quite unusual. If you can view the file on the camera display it's unlikely to be an issue with the way the camera captures the image. Certainly worth trying another card, as well as different download methods such as a card reader.

However there certainly seems to be an internal fault with the camera which I'd suggest is probably best left to a technician to repair. Check this link to a 'sticky' post to contact Sony Support in the UK. They should be able to help you evaluate the viability of a repair:

https://www.sony.co.uk/discussions/message/651957#651957

Best wishes

Mick

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
aearle18
Visitor

I have a Cybershot T300 with the same problem. It started vibrating 2 weeks ago and was unuseable. Shame, because I really like the camera.

I went on a family holiday and took the camera on instinct (forgetting about the problem) - when I turned it on it vibrated for about 5 minutes and then stopped so I thought it had somehow rectified itself but the pictures are now rubbish, the pictures appear fine when I view on the camera but they "overlap" each other when downloaded to a pc (I have tried 3 different computers, all with the same issue). I am buying a new memory card to see if it's just the card that now been corrupted.

I did an internet search on the issue and as S-FAMILY posted previously, there's plenty of posts about this happening in the US, they also seem to have had Sony acknowledge this issue and it needs to be serviced and offer a free fix (which ran out in July this year) but I too can find nothing about the support for this in the UK as yet. There are also quite a few individuals offering advice on taking the camera apart and reglueing the anti-vibration unit but I'm not keen to do that.

Would be great to know a UK solution.

Mick2011
New

Hi aearle18, welcome to the Sony Forums.

Your "overlap" problem is quite unusual. If you can view the file on the camera display it's unlikely to be an issue with the way the camera captures the image. Certainly worth trying another card, as well as different download methods such as a card reader.

However there certainly seems to be an internal fault with the camera which I'd suggest is probably best left to a technician to repair. Check this link to a 'sticky' post to contact Sony Support in the UK. They should be able to help you evaluate the viability of a repair:

https://www.sony.co.uk/discussions/message/651957#651957

Best wishes

Mick