Join now - be part of our community!

Panorama function NEX-5 with 16mm lens shutterspeed issue

profile.country.nl_BE.title
molen11
Visitor

Panorama function NEX-5 with 16mm lens shutterspeed issue

Shutterspeed defaults to 1/500 makings the pancake-lens useless for this kind of pictures... When using the 18-55 zoom it defaults to 1/30...

I have upgraded the firmware to version 3 (would recommend this upgrade, it really improves usability) but the problem is stil there.

Did anyone experience the same or would this be a construction fault?

Tags (3)
4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.el_GR.title
kohiba99
Visitor

molen11 i experienced the same "problem" but as somebody else told me that his camera works this way too, realised that it isn't actually a problem but a sony's choise.Nobody nows why sony locked the shutter.Hope some sony's guys read these messages and fix this in the next firmware.

profile.country.en_GB.title
pabahr-
Visitor

just got back from a skiing holiday and the panoramic was rubbish on the hill.  both lenses, latest firmware - produced nothing but blue pictures.  I realize the snow and the sky produce this kind of ambient light...but my mate was getting great results from his sony hx.  The panoramic on the NEX-5 has never been good imho.  If it's not poor lighting with few options, it's poor stitching (no matter how I pan) and seems to me this camera uses the completely wrong setting.

Would anyone know why it can't use the intelligent automatic settings as default?

thinking of sending mine back...

Message was edited by: pabahr-

profile.country.nl_BE.title
molen11
Visitor

Strange.. I obtain perfect results time after time with both lenses. The pancake lens forces me to use 1/500 shutterspeed but thats it...

profile.country.es_ES.title
edgardo82
Visitor

Hi,

I have the same problem,

In a demo video of this features appear the 16 mm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSrYXjtrI40

Anyone can solve the problem?

Thanks

Message was edited by: -frank-